Timelooper
What is Timelooper?
Timelooper is a VR platform that allows students to explore museums, parks, and events in history. Through the virtual field trips at www.virtualfieldtrip.com, students can interact with the field trip at their desks or in a larger area like the playground. Students experience the site like they are actually there. Students can walk through places that they may never get to experience in real life. The tour can be led by a naturalist, historian, or participant. Students can learn from someone with first hand experience.
How do I Set Up a Virtual Field Trip?
Students need to download the app to a smartphone or Ipad. The teacher can also display the VR field trip on a screen if students do not have their own devices. The chat with the expert option uses Zoom, Google Meets, Skype, or Microsoft Teams. All VR field trips are FREE, but there may be a cost to chat with the specialist. The platform works for in person and virtual learning environments. Join a webinar or open a chat for more information.
How do I Go On a Virtual Field Trip?
Search the virtual field trips for the one you would like to use. Read the overview to see if it fits your standards and class needs. Download the resource packet for worksheets and other materials to use with students. Sign up for a chat time if you would like to add that to your virtual field trip. Check out the following example Life on a Colonial Estate to see the layout and watch a short video clip.
I Don't See a Field Trip For My Content
Keep checking back! Timelooper is working with various institutions around the world and is adding content all the time.
VR is Here to Stay!
COVID caused educators to rethink field trips and other learning experiences. Even before the pandemic, the cost of field trips was on the rise. VR field trips are here to stay! Students can get an immersive experience for a fraction of the cost of a traditional field trip. Students can experience places from all over the world through their devices. Students get an authentic, engaging learning experience. Grab a device, and go on a field trip today!
I can't wait to explore this VR tool! I have been researching virtual field trips since we're in a pandemic. I didn't come across this. Thank you for sharing. I'm so excited about it. I hope that I can get it to work on Chromebooks. I've had a difficult time finding VR apps that work on Chromebooks.
ReplyDeleteRobin Dawson